Visitor's view

I have moved to Ireland five years ago from the Czech republic and I am so loving this country. Join me for discoveries of all these beautiful places
Powered By Blogger

Sunday 11 August 2013

The Cliffs of Moher - the incredible beauty in county Clare

The Cliffs from above

When you do a research about what to do in Ireland one of the top 10 results will be the Cliffs of Moher in county Clare. Right after the Burren national park  you get to this stunning place on mother Earth. There are days during the year, when this attraction is so busy that you won't be able to take a picture like this. My recommendation is if you have the option - don't go at the weekend, leave it for the weekdays. The cliffs and the area around offer lots to do - hiking, cycling and road trips.





Depends on what you like but my suggestion is to stay at least for three days in this area. 
I stayed in the Doolin hostel for a base and had so much fun over there.  Doolin is a small village where you have a good acces to the Burren area and the Cliffs of Moher.
Use your car to get the there or public bus from Galway.


Doolin cliff walk
  I took a public bus  from Doolin up to the Visitor's center of the Cliffs. Walked around, of course took lots of pictures and than I decided to walk back to Doolin. This walk is called Doolin cliff walk, you need to have good shoes and be ready for rain. The hike down is just perfect, 8 km to Doolin village which took me around 2 hrs. I really enjoyed this hike. As I took a morning bus I got back to Doolin by 2pm and still had a half a day left.  I was on time and able to catch the last boat which brings you underneath the cliffs, if you are lucky you might see the puffins hatching or fishing. It takes about one hour and it is worth it. 
After you come back to Doolin have delicious Irish coffee in the local bar and enjoy the atmosphere of this village on the west coast of Ireland. O'connors pub is the right place for traditional Irish music and the best fish and chips in the west coast. You'll find lots more to do around - the Doolin cave, scuba diving, cruise ships to Aran islands, local craft shops and plenty of cycling and hiking possibilities in the Burren area.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate